Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Guessing Game #5 -6x6 Paper Pad Ideas with Jen

Jen here today, sharing inspiration using the 6x6 paper pack included in the June Project Life kit! These Instagram photos are some of my favorites from the past month, taken during one of our evening walks along the river. The colors and patterns of the 6x6 paper pack in this month's Project Life kit were the perfect accents to the softly edited photos. After seeing so many inspiration scrapbook layouts using Silhouette Cameo cut backgrounds, it was on my list to try. Browsing through my cut library I saw a hexagon and though it would be a simple, classic design to pair with my square photos.

JBoumisJunPL_6x6

I set to work creating the repetitive design in opposite corners of the page and, after careful measuring, set to cut. Then it was time to choose the patterns. I loved the pink floral because it played off the blooms in two of the photos, the yellow triangles added sunshine, wood grain for a natural element and the painted boards for the path/walkway. Adding in a few other favorites from the pack selection and I was ready to cut and piece them all together.

JBoumisJunPL_6x6detail1

I cut each hexagon, adding it to a piece of scrap cardstock to be adhered behind the page. When they were all in the correct spaces and secured, I added a Cameo cut title and just a few embellishments (from both the PL and Embellishment kits) - chipboard arrows, puffy stickers and that fun metal clip! Any guesses who makes them?

JBoumisJunPL_6x6detail2

This layout was more time intensive than my usual, with all of the piecing, but I think it was so worth the end result!

2 comments:

  1. It definitely was worth the efforts Jen and what a great way to use the 6x6 papers! Love the design and the photos :)

    ReplyDelete