Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday Tutorial


I have always been a fan of hand cut title, on other scrappers' pages and on mine. I love the imperfect and fun look it adds so I decided to do just that on my last page created with the June "Charming" add-on (you might also be able to spot stamps from the "Endless summer" set and the Project Life "Jen Boumis"set):

nathalie_adayatthefair_CTKjune2013 nathalie_adayatthefaircloseup_CTKjune2013 nathalie_adayatthefaircloseup2_CTKjune2013

Here is my method for creating this type of hand cut title: I choose a patterned paper that will pop against my background and preferably with a smaller pattern. I decide how tall I want my letters to be and cut a strip of paper that height (usually between 3/4 to 1 inch), that way all your letters will have a unified look despite their imperfections ;)

tutorialphoto1

I then write my letters in chunky letters and handcut them:

tutorialphoto2 tutorialphoto3

If you do not want to see any outline on your letters, you do the same thing on the backside of the paper but make sure you write the letters in reverse:

tutorialphoto4

That is how I made this title back in June last year (with Citrus Twist very first kit!):

nathalie_thismakesmyheartsing_CTKjune2012

In these days of die-cutting machines and sticker galore, I wanted to remind you that a handcut title is sometimes a great option!

Happy scrapping! Nathalie

No comments:

Post a Comment