Thursday, September 19, 2013

Be Inspired by collages

Hello, it's Nathalie here to share another one of my layouts. This one was created with the September Main kit only and uses a collage as inspiration. Katie Pertiet has an awesome board on Pinterest called "collage inspiration" and I recommend you follow it as many of them are translatable (is that even a word?) into layouts... as I am about to show you:


I looked at this inspiration piece (originally a canvas by Maureen Brouillette sold by World Market but no longer available) and could envision a layout. One of my challenges was to incorporate a "less than perfect" piece of paper with my son's handwriting and I thought that it might fit into this design. After carefully studying the lines and the repetition of certain patterns, I created my page:

nathalie_2012Olympicsw:banner_CTKsept2013
Here's a close up:
nathalie_2012Olympicscloseup_CTsept2013

KIT USED: September Main kit only

NON KIT ITEMS: alphas from previous kit and from my stash, veneer stars from previous kit, washi tapes from previous kit and from my stash, button and mist from my stash

The result is pretty different from my usual but I really enjoyed the exercise and I do think that it was a easy way to incorporate that piece of memorabilia from my son.
Have you used collages as inspiration before? Please share with us if you have! I'd love to see your pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment