Monday, October 14, 2013

Simple Strategy with Nathalie

I am here today to share my third and last page with the October add-on kit "Carefree". I found this old 4x6 print in my desk and it made me laugh! The kid in the photo is now 11 but that's what I love about scrapbooking: it will let you travel in time :)
"What's with the face?"
nathalie_whatswiththefacebanner_CTKoct2013
nathalie_whatswiththefacecloseup_CTKoct2013

I used the same technique I explained in my last tutorial to stitch the hearts: printing a free cross stitch template found online in three different size directly on vellum. Also, my page design was inspired by a recent sketch from Page Drafts.

KIT USED: October "Carefree" add-on kit
NON-KIT ITEMS: navy thread, tiny leaf die-cut

What's my simple strategy you ask? Well it's one about getting more out of your kit as you work on your pages. I wanted to add layers behind my 4x6 and was about to cut a brand new page right where those white lines are below. But that's when I thought to myself "Wait! This could make a great background paper for another page!" (yes, I might have said it out loud! :P), so instead of cutting my mat in the corner, I cut it right in the center...
forpicmonkeysimplestrategy
...which allows you later to use the sheet as a base in different ways, on the A side OR the B side...
SimpleStrategybyNathalie
...which you wouldn't have been able to do if you had cut your mat from the corner, just like I was about to do!
As always with any post here, feel free to ask questions. We will be glad to answer them right in the comment section!

Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment