Wednesday, February 19, 2014

6x6 Paper Play with Sam

Hi everyone and happy Wednesday! This is Sam to share a  layout using Kelly Purkey Mon Ami collection paper pad that came in the Pocket Life kit in February. To be honest, I was in a creative rut this month because I have zillions things-to-so on my list and also I just don't feel like scrapping. I guess I was still in the Chinese New Year (holiday) mood and thus getting lazier by the day. As I was flipping the paper pad and checking out Citrus Twist blog for some inspiration, I came across this Sunday Sketch on 9 February blog post and decided to play along. 

Here's the sketch on 9/Feb/2014:

And this is my layout using the sketch with a lot of white space. I swap the multi photos placement to single photo because I am more use to scrapping single photo layout. Added a lot of RED to the layout just because this photo of us was taken on 1st day of Chinese New Year. Chinese love wearing red during new year as we believe this would bring us prosperity and good luck.

Today 1
I used the TODAY tag from Pocket Life Embellie kit as title and stamped the date on it. 

P2121848

I also added 3 crochet bows that I made myself on the layout to create visual triangle. 

P2121847

P2121846

P2121845

Thanks for looking! I hope you would play along with over Sunday Sketch every week and share with us in the gallery too! XoXoXo

2 comments:

  1. Great page Sam! I love that border on the left side!!! So creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Love the stitching up the left side with all the little bits and bobs!

    ReplyDelete