Friday, February 7, 2014

Playing with Pocket Life with April

Hi everyone and happy Friday! I'm so excited to share my first pocket life spread with you using the February PL and PL Embellishment kits!  It was pretty awesome to open up this month's kit and already see the new CHA released goodies!

This page is an insert that I'm putting into my PL week 2.  I wanted to document the trip to CHA that Trina gave the chance for Nathalie and I to go to.  I used a coin collecting pocket page that is made up of 2"x2" squares, but if you don't have those lying around, you can pick up similar pages in the CTK store!  Trina carries the October Afternoon Daily Flash line of pocket pages and that line has a page design similar to this (it's just a little smaller).

I loved how this page turned out and especially because I was able to use bits and pieces from the kits and a lot of scraps to fill in my squares.  The mon ami flair that you see on this page was made by KP herself at her BasicGrey booth at CHA.

DSCN4187_800_CTK

On the backside of this page (sorry for the glare in the top right corner), I documented a few of the different booths that we stopped by and that I really liked.  To print photos down to ~2x2 using my Canon Selphy, I used the PicFrame app on my iPhone to create a 6x4 college that holds 6 photos.

DSCN4189_800

And just some close-up shots:

DSCN4191_800

The wood veneers that are included in this month's PL kits are my most favorite EVER!

DSCN4194_800

DSCN4198_800

And here are your sketches!


Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

1 comment: