Saturday, March 15, 2014

Saturday Inspiration with Sandy

Hope everyone is enjoying the start of their weekend. Today I am sharing a layout created with the March Add-On Kit. The only thing not from the kit is the lightly lined background paper (it's from a previous kit).
 
Life is Better with You (Alt)


My inspiration idea for you is to use a large size photo and by large, I mean really big : 8.5"x11". Right now I'm intrigued by the technique of using windows cut-outs and here I placed an entire 8.5"x11" photo underneath my cut-outs. Those rectangle panels add a dynamic quality to the photo of the girl with her bicycle, almost if you are watching her move through frame-by-frame snapshots.
 
e3

Once the main design elements are in place, the page still looked a bit static so I cut an extra elongated triangle and filled it with a large, organic pattern. It anchors the right side of the layout and also serves to draw the eye from the title down to the printed journaling and embellishment cluster which is an arrangement of word and label stickers from the Sprinkled With Love alphabet sheet found in the kit.

f4
 
You will also find lots of other fun, small embellishments in the kit such as enamel dots, chipboard hearts and, my favourite, translucent sequins. I've sprinkled them here and there on my photo like bokeh spots. I love how they give the photo a subtle lift without being too distracting.  

Tomorrow I'll be back with another Sunday Sketch layout for you.

1 comment:

  1. This layout ist wonderful!
    It's such a great idea to cut hte big photo! ♥ I really have to try this!

    hhtp://www.marygoesround.de

    ReplyDelete