Monday, August 4, 2014

Sunday Sketch Challenge with Trina

Are you ready for the Sunday sketch? It's Trina here today working with one of Kasia's sketches and I've used the sketch in two ways, working with two August kits:

  • Once using the Seaside Adventure Add-on kit and 8.5 x 11 layout size
  • Once using the All that Glitters Main kit and 12 x 12 layout size
This week we'd love to see your layouts (any trim size) using this Sunday sketch. Share them in our Gallery and on the Citrus Twist Kits Fan Page on Facebook (be sure to request to join the new fan page if you haven't yet!) by August 11th and you'll earn an entry into a drawing to win a $5 CTK gift certificate. Our GCs can be used towards add-ons or store items.

Let's start with Kasia's sketch:


Sketch Take 1

Here is my first 8.5 x 11 layout using the sketch. I worked with August's "Seaside Adventure" Kit Add-on and had a ton of fun playing with the papers and embellishments in the kit:


A little close-up:


And another one:


I couldn't resist cutting a little strip of the mini triangles off of the new Webster's Pages Ocean Melody paper to create one of my tags:


Sketch Take 2

For the second take I played primarily with the August Main kit "All that Glitters" and mixed in some embellishments from the August Embellishment kit, too. Here is the result:


I couldn't decide which paper was my favorite from "All that Glitters" but I am leaning towards the Notes & Things "Noted" paper. The Notes & Things ephemera pack is probably my favorite ephemera pack ever:


Another close-up for you:


One of my favorite things about the sketch this time are the splattered circles mixed with stars. I fussy cut gold stars out of the Brighton Pier gold star printed vellum to make most of my stars:


More tags and stars:


I played (mostly) with this month's stamps to do my journaling. It was pretty fun stringing various stamps phrases and words together:


Here is a quick share of some of the fun tools and gadgets I've recently added to my stash. My Fujifilm Instax printer is probably my new favorite. I just took this tiny little printer (about the size of a small camera) on a trip to visit family and we had a little too much fun taking photos with our smart phones and immediately printing the photos out:


This ColorBox Cleaning Pad (it's available in the Citrus Twist store) is my favorite must-have because I love to stamp, love to keep my stamps clean and this cleaning pad makes it oh so simple! Add to that Shimelle's new reverse date rolling date stamp (day/month/year) and I had some fun:


Remember, if you would like to play along, make a layout based on this sketch and post it in our gallery by August 11th, putting "sketch 8/1" as part of your title, or link us on this post. We'll pick one lucky winner from those who enter to win a $5 gift certificate!

Thanks for visiting!



9 comments:

  1. Love the weekly sketches and inspiration! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenges!

      Delete
  2. love your style and the sketch so much~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Playing with Kasia's sketches makes scrapbooking so easy. :)

      Delete
  3. Both your layouts are AWESOME! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The LO are great, But I was at awe with this little printer. It captured my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that cute little printer! I saw it on the Dear Lizzy blog. The quality of the prints from it are much better than using the Instax polaroid camera and so easy. Tiny (fits in my purse), runs by wifi so you can print almost anywhere.

      Delete
  5. Great details for two beautiful pages!

    ReplyDelete