Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pocket Life Sketch with Janine

Hey everyone, it is Janine here with the Friday Pocket Life sketch. Unfortunately it is Saturday already, because I managed to fell asleep on my couch last night. Can you believe it? Spring is making me tired, that's for sure!

But now I'd love to show you this week's Pocket Life sketches, made by the wonderful Trina Craig.

plsketch-20150327-blog-001

plsketch-20150327-blog-002

The 8.5x11 layout I created, that is roughly based on the first 3x4 sketch, was made with the beautiful PL March kit, that is already sold out. But if you like our Pocket Life kits you can start your subscription with the April kit. :)

janinelanger-ctk-march2015-banner-001

This layout is about my son's name and how my husband and I decided to name him Gabriel. I wanted to record that story, because his name means a lot to me. Actually I loved it since I was a teenager, and that is quite some time ago.

Here are some close ups:

janinelanger-ctk-march2015-003

I decided to cut out a big "G" of white cardstock and paint it with black paint, trying to paint it thick enough so it will leave a structure on it, because it was going to be the main element on this layout.

janinelanger-ctk-march2015-002

After I had decided where to put that gigantic "G", the layout startet to come together nearly all by itself. It is quite simple, but I love the way it turned out. I really wanted to focus on the G and the journaling.

That's it for today, I hope you feel inspired. If you do, please show the results in our gallery. It is always so much fun to see what you can do with Citrus Twist kits.

Have a wonderful weekend! :)


1 comment: