Thursday, October 8, 2015

In the studio with Suse Fish


Hi everyone, Suse Fish with you today and I'm happy to share a little tour of my scrap area!


I work in my favourite room of the house: the kitchen! It's the brightest, cosiest room and I just love hanging out there. I put the radio on, get some coffee brewing, grab that box of supplies and I'm just in heaven.


My work table is an old wooden one I picked up for free from a lady in our village who didn't want it anymore. I sanded and re-painted the top in my favourite mint colour, but kind of like how it's already getting re-scuffed and stained from being worked on.


I keep my kits in square plastic storage boxes that have these brilliant divided trays that sit on top of them. I like to take everything out of it's packaging and trim everything out before I get started - that way I can just grab things as I fancy them and not break my stride.


I have a long memo board by my desk that I fill with inspiring pictures, quotes and layouts I've been especially pleased with. They serve as a good reminder that I can make pretty things when I'm having a confidence wobble!


I keep my albums tucked in a bookcase at the end of the desk. I have one for my favourite layouts and one for Project Life. Other layouts go into the pizza boxes my kits come in to help save a few pennies.


I keep my mixed media materials and other supplies in white plastic tubs from Ikea: they're so practical and easy to keep clean.

Thanks so much for hanging out with me today in my little corner of the kitchen!

8 comments:

  1. Hello Suse. I love your post. I, too, use plastic scrapbook containers for my pocket life kits. However, I like the idea of a tray to corral the embellishments. Where did you purchase your containers? Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! They're called 'Really Useful Boxes' here in the UK and I bought mine from Ryman stationers. But a scrappy friend tells me that in the States they're called Iris containers? Hope you manage to track them down. x

      Delete
  2. Heaven of a space, never tire of seeing it as I know the lovely creations that happen there! C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH!! Such a lovely scrap space you have!!!! And so well organised :) Thanks for sharing!! Loved to see it!! Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I really like seeing your scrapping space - it was super fun! I think it's always fun to see other people's creative spaces :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING Space! This place is sooooooo YOURS! I mean... Your works and this place are so consistent!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work space! I love the natural light & the minimal stuff! Don't get me wrong I love all my scrapping goodies, but at times my space feels overwhelming. That's when I re-organize everything. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete