Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sunday sketch with Suse Fish

Hi everyone and a very happy Sunday to you. I've had a lovely time playing with this week's sketch...
Considering last month was the first time I'd ever worked from one, I'm really understanding why they're so popular now! They're fabulous for taking away the guess work and ensuring that your final layout will be balanced and pretty to look at.


I stuck fairly closely to the sketch as I liked it so much. In fact, I deliberately chose a short title to be able to pop it on it's side: I chose my daughter's initials, which I realise don't make much sense to anyone else, but they do to us of course.


I was really pleased to have this chance to work with two photos, as it's something I've rarely got the confidence to do - one photo is my 'go to'! But this overlapping design took away any guesswork and I'm so happy with the result.


I fell in love with these little frame embellishments from BasicGrey: anything handwritten and graphic like this always grabs me.


The delicate little washi stickers from Pink Paislee were another hit for me - though I found that you do need a gentle touch when applying them!


I don't even need to start with how much I love those acrylic stars, do I? It's all I can do not to hoard them! 

I filmed the little process video below for this layout, so do be sure to check it out when you have a spare moment. And then it's over to you with this lovely sketch: can't wait to see what you create! Thanks so much for joining me today.

2 comments: