Sunday, December 20, 2015

Sunday Sketch with Suse

Hi gang, Suse Fish with you today for the Sunday Sketch challenge. Being fairly new to working from sketches I wasn’t sure how far you can ‘push’ them, but I’ve kept an eye on the other girls in the team and I think the answer seems to be: as far as you want to!


So although this layout started out following the sketch quite closely, I soon went off on my own track!


I can’t get enough of this month’s kit: the colours, the embellishments, the letters, the papers… I’ve been like a kid in the sweetshop who can’t decide what to choose first!


The ombre-effect stitching is something I’ve wanted to try for a little while, so when I pulled out photos around the theme of me enjoying a good making session, I knew it would be a good chance to try stitching a fun title in different coloured threads. 


I’ll admit that I had intended to try for a reserved, minimal look for this one, but you know how it is: you get so stuck into all that layering and stamping that’s it just too much fun to stop! 



So now it’s your turn to play with this lovely sketch… and don’t forget to upload your project to the Citrus Twist Gallery: you could win a $5 Coupon to use on anything in the CTK Store! Remember to add "Sketch 12/27" to the title line.

1 comment: