Monday, February 8, 2016

Love Love Love Layout with Missy

Hey there, Citrus Twist friends!  Missy here with you, and today I'm sharing my first layout using the February Main "Stories" Kit.  It is so beautiful, and it's full of pretty pinks, yellows, teals and lots of floral elements.  I've had this photo ready to scrap for quite some time, but the papers were never right.  This kit is perfect...it has just the right colors and elements.  I knew right away I had to get it scrapped!

I used a few cut apart pieces from one of the Maggie Holmes Bloom papers and paired it with some of the Pink Paislee ephemera pieces and stickers.  I did a bit of mixed media work on the background and used a flower stamp from my stash to create a few subtle hearts on some vellum.


I love how this cluster turned out.  I fussy cut the YOU banner from the cut-apart printable exclusive sheet and machine stitched it down.  I fussy cut that tea cup of flowers and layered it with the Pink Paislee ampersand.  The yellow tab and green label are from the exclusive printable as well.


I just adore these Thickers!  There are so many...including two different sizes of upper case letters.  I mixed and matched here to spell my daughter's name.


I used a flower stamp, ink and vellum from my stash to create a few subtle flowers for layering here, and I also added in some tangled thread.  I love how the pretty light blue contrasts with the pinks, yellows and greens in the papers and my photo.


I love that the Pink Paislee ephemera pack contains die cuts and acetate pieces.  I paired this piece here with one of the puffy stickers.  I also added in one of the white exclusive doilies as a layering piece.


Here's a look at my process video if you'd like to see how I put this page together from start to finish.  I hope you find some inspiration!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!

Missy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment