Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday Sketch with Wendy

Hello Citrus Twist Kits lovelies and Happy (long) Holiday Weekend (American peeps)!

Wendy here to share up with you today the Sunday Sketch.  I love long weekends and you can take this sketch to work up some creative flow after you eat some BBQ and enjoy some down time to kick start summer!


As my usual layout style and size, I adapted the sketch to a 9x12 layout format.

Here's my take on the Sunday Sketch this week...


I was inspired not only by the sketch but from the paper by Kaisercraft (Sea Breeze Collection) in the May 2016 "Sparkle" Add-On.  The random circles in the paper really put the thoughts of the sea and ocean into mind.  So, I rolled with this idea in creating my project.  My husband LOVES fishing, we both love relaxing at the beach and even better as we live on the beautiful Gulf coast, home of the best world class fishing and white sandy beaches.


So, I snapped this pic with his gear full force in his element that so perfectly sang to the theme to give a "high five" to "enjoy life", so "need I say more?" (from the stamp set in May 2016 "Beach Glass" Pocket Life).




I love the floral accents in the sketch but didn't want a feminine flair to my layout, so I found some florals in my stash in more of neutral tones to blend well with the masculinity of the picture and aqua colors. The beautiful paper with the swans is in the May 2016 "Sparkle" Add-On (the image of the paper on the Citrus Twist Kits website you see the pink side of the paper but the swans are on the reverse side). 



Now it's your turn. If you want to play along with this week's Sunday Sketch and be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate, create a project based off of the sketch and upload it to CTK Gallery by next Saturday. Please make sure to include "Sketch 5/29" to the title line of your project.

I hope I inspired you and you enjoyed my take on this week's Sunday Sketch!  We can't wait to see what you create with this sketch!

Wendy 

No comments:

Post a Comment