Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sunday Sketch with Veera

Hello, It’s Veera here today to share you this week’s sketch and a layout I made based on this sketch. For my layout I used March Oliver Scrapbook kit and Sprinkles kit. 





I love using sketch but I also like to tweak them a bit to match my scrapbook style. I really liked how the sketch included 4 pictures but I rarely use multiple pictures on a layout. So instead of 4 pictures I used one picture and piece of patten paper. 




I kept the other elements of the sketch daily unchanged. I really liked how I was able to incorporate larger part of pattern paper and white cardstock as my background.


This week we are happy to be able to provide you with two takes on this week's sketch with the second layout coming from our March Guest Designer Jessica Cole!  Here's what Jessica has to say about today's challenge:

Welcome to this week's Sunday sketch! As someone who does primarily pocket pages, I adore sketches to help guide me through traditional layouts. The thing that stuck out the most to me on this week's sketch was using the four square photos in the corner. 



I used papers from the Oliver kit to frame the cluster of photos, then used the foam word stickers from freckled fawn for my title. I decided to have my title span across the length all the pictures, rather than keep it in the corner.

For the bottom left hand corner, I kept it simple by using a cut apart label from the kit with my date and did some small embellishing to add some additional color. 

I finished off with my journaling below the photos and added one more foam sticker to complete the page. 





Now it’s your turn! To play along with this week's challenge, create a layout inspired by the sketch, upload it to the Citrus Twist Kits Gallery with the sketch date (3/12) in the title, and you might win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK store. I can’t wait to see what you’ll create!


-Veera

No comments:

Post a Comment