Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sunday Sketch with Andrea

Hello there everyone! It's Andrea here today with you, to share a cool layout using the Sunday Sketch and the August Citrus Twist main kit. I really enjoyed using this sketch! I think it works well with both the story I wanted to tell and also the goodies in the kit. I think the layout turned out really cute!

Here is the Sketch for Today:



And here is my layout:



As you can see, the layout is about me and my husband and the magic of our love and being together. The pic is from a Disney trip we went on a couple months ago (I like to go there as often as I can), and it is definitely a magical place. However, everyday with my husband is magical because of our love. This is what I really wanted the layout to be about. I've been having an extra hard time lately with my health, so I wanted a little reminder of all the magic in my life...and the person that makes life beautiful and bright even when times are hard – my sweet, prince charming of a husband!



I didn't do a lot of journaling on the page...I plan on adding in more writing later (seperately, on another page across from it in my scrap album, so I can do a lot of writing without worrying about how to fit it all in on the page). I did add some words and things that I thought would help get my story across though. I wrote things like “Ryan and Andrea” and “every moment with you is magic” on my layout. I also included stickers from the kit that say things like “you and me” and “always and forever” on it. Those plus the “magical moments” paperclip and the huge “I love you” gold script title, both from the new Maggie Holmes line, really help tell my story.



As you can see, I followed the sketch pretty closely, but not exactly for this layout. I used one photo as opposed to two in my layout, like the sketch prescribes...but I managed to get the same sort of multi-photo look by using a couple of the polaroid pieces from the cut-apart sheet from Crate Paper. These polaroids really add a lot to the look of the page I think. The carousel horse one especially helps with the “magical” feel of the page and goes along with the theme of my story.



I hope you enjoyed today's Sunday Sketch and layout! Have a wonderful rest of your weekend everyone! Hope I have inspired you a little...to create something about the magic in your life!


Xoxoxoxo – Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment