Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sunday Sketch with Nathalie and Kathleen


Hey there!

Nathalie and Kathleen with you today (can you believe, I paired up with Scattered Confetti!! ) to bring you this week's Sketch Challenge. First let me show you the sketch we are using as inspiration for our pages:



And here is my take on this sketch using the beautiful Sugarland main kit, embellishment kit, and By The Numbers Stamp set:




As you can see, I chose to follow the sketch with a few modifications to document a picture of my daughter and her zing for life.

I love large picture layouts, so i decided to replace the large negative space of the sketch with a blown-up picture, and then added the title on to the white space in the picture.




I chose be true to the sketch, and kept the small cluster at the top left corner of the page,  but just added a few more pieces to balance the layout.





To finish my page, I recreated the picture cluster from the sketch but used pieces of ephemera from the Main Kit and the Emhellishment kit  instead of the photographs.   You can say I stayed true to the sketch with a small twist!

I love how easy this page was to put together using the sketch, and this month's colorful and versatile Sugarland Kits.

Cannot wait to see how you interpret the sketch!

That is all for me, now it is Kathleen's turn to show you her gorgeous take on the sketch.

XOXO,

Nathalie.

            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hey there, it’s Kathleen here, and before I’ll show you my take on the sketch, I just want to say: WOW! Isn’t Nathalie’s layout just absolutely stunning? I love the big photo she used and how she changed up the photos in the sketch and made an embellishment cluster there – so good!

For my layout I used the Sugarland Scrapbook main kit and actually also changed up the sketch a little bit. Because the orientation of my two photos was horizontal, I decided to have them stacked on top of each other rather than next to each other.







Other than that I stuck fairly closely to the sketch, although I did move the tag from the lower part to the upper left corner and used the “Love you tons“ ephemera piece from the Crate Paper “Good Vibes“ collection next to my photos instead. To be honest, when I saw last week’s Sunday sketch blogpost, I realised that my page – unintentionally – ended up being a mix between that sketch and the one from this post ;)



In order to have some separation between the two photos, I decided to use one of the pompom frames to highlight one of them. I picked the one with the aqua trim but didn’t really like the brown frame it had. So I just used some white gesso to recolour it and then added some sparkle with a golden glitter glue from my stash.

The white tag in the top left corner is actually from the “Good Vibes” ephemera package; I just chose one than I knew I wouldn’t use and turned it around so I could use the white backside :) and for the stamping I used the “By the Numbers” stamp set which I absolutely love! The inspiration sheet you get with that stamp set shows so many great ways you can use it – I’m sure it will make an appearance in a lot of my projects :D



So thanks for stopping by, I hope you feel inspired to get creative with this sketch now!


Now it's your turn!  To play along with this week's sketch and to be eligible to win a $5 gift certificate to the CTK Store, create a layout based off of this week's sketch and upload it to the CTK Gallery with today's date (01/28) in the title. We can't wait to see what you all come up with!!


No comments:

Post a Comment