Saturday, March 17, 2018

3-to-inspire with Kristel

Hi all!
Today I'm here with a fun 3-to-inspire for all you TN (traveler's notebook) lovers out there :-)
I love to use my TN for anything random I just like to document and this time I've chosen to document my most beloved drink: Tea!

I have used the March "Lemon Drop" Pocket Life and Embellishment kits + Main stamp.


Here are the three prompts I've been working with:

* First divide your layout into 2 pages specifically; one for your photo and the other for your journaling
* Combine any 2 patterned papers as a background for your photo page
* Stick to 2 accent colors; for example green and pink, as I did



I always start by looking at my photo to find out which colors are most prominent.
In this case it's a pretty white photo with some accents of soft pink (underneath the flags), green and black, so these were going to be my colors for today.

I then chose my papers from the PL kit and cut them to size to fit the full background of this page.


I absolutely love the leatherette banners/flags from the embellishment kit and made a little cluster of these in the upper right corner of my journaling page. To add more balance I also used two of these in a little cluster onto my photo.


I added my journaling by first typing it onto regular printer paper and then cutting it into small strips which I glued on by using a stickermaker (by Xyron). This way the whole back of your paper will be covered in glue so you can add these strips in a matter of seconds.

As a finishing touch I added some splatters in a metallic bronze color.

I hope you are inspired to create your own TN page and I can't wait to see what you will make of it.

Have a lovely weekend and until next time!

Love, Kristel






No comments:

Post a Comment