Thursday, March 15, 2018

Create a shaker pocket with pattern paper

Hi guys, Diane here, to show you how I created a shaker pocket using pattern paper (No sequins? Gasp!) and used it in an insert for my PL album!


I had a spare photo that didn't make it onto my PL spread for the week but I still wanted to include it in my album. So I cut a Design A page protector in half and created a 6x12 insert. After adding my photo, some journalling and creating a title card, I wanted to create a shaker pocket to fill in the missing space.


Instead of adding sequins, I decided to fussy cut some arrows out of a scrap of paper I had left over from the week (and now both pages will tie together nicely in the album!). I'm not going to lie, this did take a little while! But the end result was totally worth it.

I trimmed a piece of the page protector I had cut off down to 3x4 and then an extra sheet of the plastic to just slightly smaller than that. I cut a sentiment out of the cut-apart sheet and glued it onto the single sheet of plastic, then tucked that inside the 3x4 pocket. Behind that single sheet, I added all my arrows and then carefully stitched around the whole thing with my sewing machine to create a shaker card, but you could totally use your Fuse tool or hand-stitch it if you like!


You can see exactly how I put this page together in this very quick process video... 

I'm so obsessed with all things shaker, so let me know your favourite thing to add to shaker pockets! Or if you've never tried one, I dare you to give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment