Thursday, April 5, 2018

Layout Share Using the Main Kit Savannah

Hello friends! It's Kelly and today I have a layout and process video to share using the Main Kit Savannah. The bright colors of this kit are lovely and perfect for spring! 


To create the background I used Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide ink and the packaging technique. If you aren't sure what I am referring to when I mention the packaging technique, watch my process video and you will see just how easy and this technique is to use to create fun backgrounds. I also sprinkled a bit of Heidi Swapp Gold mist on the background because more gold is a good thing!


I am a fan of white cardstock as my background on 12x12 layouts. In this case, I felt like the title got a bit lost on the white background. Adding the ink and gold mist to the background helped the title to stand out on the layout. These butterflies are my favorite embellishments in the Dear Lizzy ephemera pack and I wish that I had more of them.


The frames were fussy cut out of patterned paper and helped to add some interest to the cluster while bringing in a bit more of the gorgeous blue.


I did use a doily and crochet thread from my stash to complete this cluster.  The Thickers are the perfect size to add the year inside the frame. This is one of my favorite details on this layout.

A link to my process is below if you would like to see just how this layout came together. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment